Examining the World in light of the Divine Word

Saturday, November 17, 2007

A Bitter-Sweet Day...

My friend Matthew Murray died early this morning of cancer. Matt was a Ministry Partner at Southwood Church and a friend since college. When Pastors Dan & Rielly and I visited with him on Friday afternoon he had deteriorated badly and yet I will cherish that amazing experience hearing him sing and pray and eagerly celebrate the Lord's Supper with us. His death saddens me deeply and yet I am simultaneously rejoicing that he is in the arms of Jesus now. His life was an incarnation of humility, grace and love. I will miss him.

Matt's funeral will be held on Tuesday evening at 7:30 PM at Families First Funeral Home in Windsor (http://www.familiesfirst.ca/) . He asked me to talk about the Good News of Jesus at his funeral and so I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home