Examining the World in light of the Divine Word

Friday, July 17, 2009

My Latest Book



From the Introduction:

"At church we sometimes cry out in worship, Lord, we are thirsty for more of you. But do we really mean it? I hope so, because thirst for God is at the heart of the Christian faith. Jesus declared in John 7:37b-38, if anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me as the Scriptures has said, streams of living water will flow from within him (NIV). Suck it up. Drink deep of me, and I will satisfy the deepest longings of your heart. That was Jesus’ mission. Not to instil facts alone, but to bring abundant life. A life rich in Spirit, drenched in living Word, purposeful, meaningful and grand. Have you experienced this kind of life? If not, you’re ripping yourself off. It might be that you are unaware it exists, are afraid to embrace it or cannot reconcile such statements with your cerebral-only form of Christianity. But God offers it, so it must be good.

I am on a voyage of God-discovery. As I move along my God-drawn horizontal timeline called life, I find my neck increasingly strained. Strained, as I grow disinterested with what is around me and fascinated by what is above. I am thirsty for more of God—to know him and love him as my heavenly Daddy. Not in an anti-intellectual way. Not in a New Age fluffed up and puffed up way, but in the way God has designed me to know him. In other terms, I want to draw close to the heart of the one who crafted me. I want a taste of Eden in the here and now in anticipation of what is to come. I want to know the power of Christ dwelling within me, to know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge (Col. 2:2-3). Perhaps that is why I wrote this guide, more for me than for you. I am a God-hog after all! But then my pastoral heart kicks into gear and I just cannot help but tell others what God is teaching me. Let me share what I have been learning. If, as a result, God hydrates you, the time I spent writing and the time you spend reading will be well spent."

Let me know if you woudl like a copy!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Kevin S said...

I for one would love a copy...how/where can I get one?

1:28 p.m.

 
Blogger Rev. Dr. Aaron Rock said...

Email me at aaron@goscc.org

9:57 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home